Tuesday, September 9, 2008

UCF Grad Fair

So today, I went to the Grad Fair at UCF with the intention of finding out which Master's Program I wanted to enter. The fair started at 4:30 so I figured if I got there right when it started, I would have time to walk around and get the information that I needed. Incorrect answer. There were so many people at the Grad Fair, it was unreal.

I have been deciding between going for Art Education or Creative Writing. It has been a tough choice because I can start Art Ed in the spring, but I cannot start Creative Writing until the fall. I was hoping to be able to start in the spring because I wanted to feel like I am doing something productive even though I still cannot seem to find a job.

As I was walking around the hoards of people, I finally found the Education section. Unfortunately, there weren't any professors from the Art section there, so I really didn't have anyone specific to speak to. I attempted to get information from one individual, but I' not sure she understood my situation exactly. Under normal circumstances this wouldn't be a problem because I know I want to try Art Education, but unfortunately, there are 2 different kinds of master's and I want to make sure I choose the right one. I don't think she understood my situation in those terms, so I am going to send an email to the director of the program to see if I can get a better understanding of what it is that I actually need. Once I find that out, I will be able to apply. Hopefully, I will be able to apply within the next day or so. As I continue the process, I will make sure that I update everyone.

Until then, I am looking into financing my master's and still attempting to find a job. Hopefully, the outcome will be relatively soon and hopefully positive.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I am so sorry I didnt come! I should have! But I hope it was sorta helpful! Maybe we can both start in the spring. But I found out that I could only take the General GRE on the computer, but oh well...i guess that's what happens!