Friday, September 5, 2008

A gloomy depressing day...

I suppose it is appropriate that it is a gloomy day outside since I am feeling kind of down. The 10 day counts for most counties are in and the deluge of rejection letters has begun. For awhile, the letters had stopped. It was my assumption that the positions that were left were waiting for the 10 day to see if the budgets were going to be there since most of them were Art positions. I was holding onto that little piece of hope that I was actually going to get a call for an interview that would ultimately lead to a job. My mistake. The schools were indeed waiting for the 10 day count, but instead of phone calls and interviews, I am getting emails and rejections. I keep waiting for that right job to come around, but it doesn't seem to want to show its face. Because of this, it gets me to thinking, maybe there isn't one out there for me. How depressing a thought is that?

So to counteract my depressing thoughts, I decided to entertain the idea of going back to school. Ricky and I discussed the possibility of me going back and getting my Masters. Granted, I would be getting more student loans, but in this day and age who doesn't have them? One of the concerns that I had was the fact that I knew Ricky wanted to go back to start taking a few more classes. The plus side, is that if he started to go back he could enter the reimbursement plan with the Golf Channel so my going back wouldn't affect his ability to go back. So I am seriously considering this course of action. There is a Grad Fair at UCF on Tuesday that I plan on attending in the afternoon to find out more information. There are a couple different courses of action that I might take and I figured it would be a good idea to talk to the right people. I do miss taking classes and to be honest, if I had nothing but money I would probably be one of those continuous students. I love to learn and I thoroughly enjoy the learning process.

Ultimately, I think this is a path that I might need to go down because I am tired of being stuck in a place where I am overqualified for one half of the jobs and underqualified for the rest. I just want employers to finally say, "We need you" versus my saying, "Please I'll do anything."

*On a side note, I am curious as to your thoughts on the matter so I have posted a poll on the blog to see what you think.*

1 comment:

Nanu said...

I am getting very frustrated at trying to post a comment to your latest addition. Believe me when I say that education is the key to everything. I know well the problem of having too much for one job and not enough for another. Just remember you never know what single little piece of education will give you the edge in finding and getting that one perfect job. And yes, there is one perfect job for everyone. Nanu.