Thursday, September 18, 2008

Certificate Update

IT IS HERE!!!!!

Today I officially received my Professional Teaching Certificate in the mail!! If you can imagine me doing a little happy dance that should only be done in the privacy of your own home, then you are probably looking at something that is not only accurate, but unmistakeably hilarious.

I found out that apparently one of the reasons you do not receive your professional certificate until you get a job is because the issuance of a certificate requires fingerprinting. Apparently, since I had fingerprinting done in order to be a substitute, they had them on file so I could be issued a certificate. Granted, I am not 100% sure that is what happened, but whatever the case may be, I received it in the mail today.

So.... since I received my actual certificate, I was able to apply to grad school today for the program I wanted. I applied for the Art Education MEd program at UCF. All I have to do now is get my tetnus booster shot, get the doctor to sign my immunization form, and send it in with my transcripts from DBCC (All of which I am taking care of tomorrow... after my interview of course). Then... we wait again... woo hoo. At least one step of the process has been completed. I will keep everyone informed as the days go on as to the progress of my application. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers thus far. They were greatly appreciated.

No comments: