Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shopping for a dress..

So Ricky and I went to the mall today because I wanted to look for a dress that I could wear to Ashley and Bryan's wedding as well as to the Golf Channel Christmas Party this year and Ricky was in need of some new pants for work. We had a nice lunch at the mall and found some really good deals on pants at a couple different department stores. One of the pairs of khaki slacks that Ricky foud normally retail for $100+ and we got them for $14.99 at Macy's. Yay for the clearance rack!

Meanwhile, I had been looking for a dress that would work for me. Unfortunately, I have always had an impossible time finding dresses that actual fit AND looked flattering on me. One size that fits in one store wont fit in the next. As we were in JCPenneys, Ricky suggested that I look at what they had in stock. Having been dress shopping there before I was hesitant, but figured why not. As we were walking around, we came across a cute little brown dress that Ricky really liked. They didn't have my exact size, but they had the size right below. I pulled it off the rack and decided to try it on. I didn't think it would fit, but to my surprise it fit perfectly fine and actually looked good on me. I couldn't believe it. I actually stood in the dressing room for a minute because I was so shocked. Of course we bought it and managed to save $30! All in all it was an extremely successful and surprising shopping experience.

No comments: