Thursday, September 25, 2008

In need of a little miracle....

A quick request...

Ricky and I would just like to ask for your prayers and thoughts this evening for my unemployment to go through tomorrow. If you didn't read my earlier postings back in August, Bush decided to initiate an Emergency Unemployment Compensation plan to give previous unemployed individuals 13 extra weeks of unemployment. Because I was laid off in 2007 and am still unemployed I qualified for this compensation. Unfortunately, because I worked for a school system they have been holding my benefits for over 8 weeks now. That's a large sum of money that we were hoping for in order to pay several bills and to buy groceries. Still, every 2 weeks I claim my weeks and do everything I am suppose to do and when Friday rolls around..nothing.

It may not seem very significant and with all of the other issues our government and economy are facing I know it may not seem that important, but to our family it is very important. So any thoughts and prayers you can send our way would be greatly appreciated. I am sitting on pins and needles in hope that tomorrow will finally be the day.

Thank you for all of your support and prayers thus far.

No comments: