Saturday, July 5, 2008

Horton Hears a Who!... A Little Bit Late...


Although I know it's not considered a summer movie, we all went to see Horton Hears a Who at the cheap theater today. I originally wanted to see this movie when it was released back in March, but unfortunately it didn't get a chance.

My overall review is that it was great! I am so glad they decided to go with an animated film instead of attempting another live action film. The film combined a bit of "2D" animation in a Japanese style with the progressively improving work of Blue Sky. It was witty and although the narration wasn't completely from the book itself, I felt it maintained the integrity of the spirit of the original. I also found the little cameos from miscellaneous Seuss stories to be refreshing and well placed. For those of you who missed it, the Whos were eating Green Eggs and Ham as the children are spending time with their dad and the other really good one was the shout out to Thidwick the kind hearted moose. When the little kangaroo had his clover and his mom took it away, he says "My friend Thidwick lives there." I know that many people might have missed it, but for those of us who are Dr. Seuss addicts it was appropriate and cute.

Overall, I definitely recommend it and plan to add this film to my collection (as soon as they pick a release date for the DVD.

No comments: