Wednesday, July 9, 2008

HBO, Cinemax, TMC Oh My..... and a DVR to boot!

Since Comcast in available in our new neighborhood, we are now able to get free cable in the house including all the pay channels at no extra cost. My long lost friends known as HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and TMC are back in full force with repetitive line-ups for the entire family to enjoy.

Granted, there are those who will say, "Well, they always show the same movies over and over and they are the ones we have seen anyway, so there is never anything good on." This is a true statement for the most part. These channels do show the same movies over and over and they are usually movies that are already out on DVD... BUT do to the past year of financial instability, Ricky and I have not been able to get to the movies as often as we used to. We just make sure to get to the theaters for the important releases, normally in the summer and around Christmas time. (You better believe we are going to see Batman and the X-Files when they come out in the next 2 weeks) Not to mention the fact that our DVD collection has hit a slight lull. Because of this, Ricky and I are behind on so many movies its hard to keep up. (This is the partial reasoning for the recent viewing of Horton Hears a Who and the Spiderwick Chronicles.) So yesterday alone I managed to DVR 4 movies I haven't seen. This is great! I finally have a way to catch up on the films I have missed and it doesn't cost me anything!

I know that once I catch up with my film watching I will feel the same about these channels as many do already, but until such a time comes to pass, I will enjoy these movies (hopefully) and use these newly rediscovered channels for all they are worth. Besides, now I will be able to watch the shows that specifically air on these channels that I have had to catch up on through DVD.

By the way, the Showtime series that has caught my interest recently is Californication. If you like David Duchovny and you want to see him in a roll that is NOTHING like Fox Mulder, then you might want to check this show out (Not appropriate for under age viewing).

No comments: