Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ever feel like Jell-O?

That's how I feel right now. Today I took the next step in my gym experiences and reacquainted myself with the weight machines. Prior to today, I was doing about an hour or so of cardio to get my body back into the swing of things, but today was the day I decided to work out my arms. Let me just tell you that if you are curious to find out which muscles you use on a regular basis and which ones you don't, this is the perfect way to find out. Unfortunately for me, they decided to put the easier ones together first in the rotation.

At the beginning of the workout I was pumped, I did 30 minutes of cardio and was ready. I tried the first few machines and although I can't lift nearly what I used to, I did fairly well for the first time out. Then I got to the machine that works the tops of your arms and across the top of your back and shoulders. All I can say is OUCH! I couldn't find a weight light enough for that particular area. Fortunately, my brother was there and assured me that the machine I was using was the lightest weight machine for him as well. That made me feel a little better, but I still feel like a weakling. I just have to remember that it is a marathon and not a sprint and keep at it.

No comments: