Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting back on track...


As most of you know, Ricky and I started to do Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year in order to start getting into shape. We both had a considerable amount of weight to lose and so far things have gone fairly well. Because finances have been tight, Ricky and I have been trying to be as good as possible, but it is very hard when fast food is cheaper than healthier alternatives.

But, now that we have gotten into a more secure spot with only one rent payment to make instead of paying for 2 houses, we are getting back on track. The graph above shows how I have been doing so far this year. I am down almost 30 pounds and Ricky is down about 40. The plus side to living in the new house is that we have a community center that is at our disposal because it is included in the HOA dues. My brother and I have started to go every morning and Ricky is starting to go in the evenings after work. Once I get back into the swing of things, I will probably join Ricky at night as well. I am hoping to get a teaching job for the fall, which would mean I would have to start going in the evenings anyway.

So wish us luck as we jump back on track with our diet and exercise. I know we can do it, its just a matter getting out there and getting it done.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Good luck to you both!! Big props for what you have already acomplished and keep up the good work!!