Thursday, April 2, 2009

House Hunting

Well today was a somewhat productive day. I went out to view a couple houses in Avalon that are potential choices. The first house I went to see was not quite what I was looking for. They had a very strange layout with 3 bedrooms downstairs and one upstairs that was essentially a loft. They were using it as a bedroom because it did have a bathroom and a closet, but there was no door so no privacy. The other negative was the split layout made for very small family living areas. The best part was the kitchen that had stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. Unfortunately, the individuals who currently live in the house are smokers and the entire house reeked of smoke. And in case that wasn't enough, they had a dog that was drooling all over the place. So on that note... no thank you. So I had hopes that maybe the next house would be better.. and it was by leaps and bounds.

Its on a nice little corner lot, still in Avalon Park, but closer to Timber Creek High School in a gated community. The house opens up into two split rooms that can work as a formal dining area and a whatever room. Then you walk into the open area that has a large kitchen (basically eat in) and the family room area. Its about the same size as the one we have currently as far as rooms go, but it might be a bit larger because it is more square. To the left side of the house are 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The second bathroom is smaller than the one we have upstairs, but its about the same size as the one we had in our house growing up. To the right is the master bedroom. This is were it gets interesting. The master has an extra little area for seating I am assuming, but they had it set up like an office. The master bath is about the size that we currently have, but the closet is actually in the back of the bathroom. I found that to be interesting. I have never lived in a house were that was the case. It has a decent sized backyard, with a small little porch. This house is definitely on the possibilities list. Its a good size and I like the layout. 

I think the problem that I am having is that I really love the house we are in. I love the size, location, layout and everything. I just wish we didnt have to move. 

No comments: