Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Cotton Anniversary!

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Our anniversary desserts

Ricky playing with part of his anniversary gift

This past week, Ricky and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary. It was such a great day. Ricky and I both had to work in the morning because after all Tuesday is new release day and I had to be there to set the planos. Fortunately, my Tuesday class is over and Ricky's supervisor let him leave early so I picked Ricky up and we went out furniture shopping. The new house we are going to be renting doesn't have a washer and dryer so we are going to have to pick those up as well as replacing some furniture that are literally on their last legs. So we went to IKEA and a few other places to look around. This shopping was also so that we could kill time until our dinner reservation. We decided to go back to Texas de Brazil (even though we went for Valentines Day). Their food is so delicious.. I mean really, really delicious.. and although they are typically pricy, we had a buy one get one free coupon that they sent us in the mail. So we only spent about half of what we did in February. When it was time for dessert we each decided to get different things to share. I ordered carrot cake and Ricky ordered cheesecake (both of which were absolutely delicious). The best part was the fact that they put one candle on each plate for us for our 2 year anniversary. (whether or not that was the reason for two I don't know, but I'm going to assume it was). The evening was so nice and it was just great to be able to go out and have a nice dinner together. 

Now I gave Ricky his anniversary gift on Sunday even though our anniversary was Tuesday. I wanted to make sure he would be able to play it right away and we were going to be getting back late on Tuesday night after dinner. Ricky has been wanting Guitar Hero for the longest time. We really havent been able to afford it and even just getting the guitar and the game was going to run about 100 bucks. But once they released the Guitar Hero Metallica game they ran a special that if you bought the game, the $40 guitar was only $10.So I saved the money and bought it for him. I was very excited that I was going to be able to get him at least one of the games and I told myself that as the prices dropped I would eventually be able to get him the rest of them. Little did I know that was going to be sooner than I thought. I went to work on Sunday to discover that Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Legends of Rock are only $9.99 this week. I couldnt believe it. Aerosmith is usually $19.99 and Legends is usually $39.99. But both were only 10 bucks each. So of course I had to get those for that price. So for only $80 I got 3 different Guitar Hero games and a guitar. How amazing is that??? When I gave him his gift he was so shocked. I had to tell him the great deal I got so he would know why I spent the extra money, but for those deals I couldn't pass that up. 

All in all it was a very very successful anniversary. I thoroughly enjoyed my day with Ricky and I look forward to many many more. 

**And for those of you who are superstitious... yes it was our cotton anniversary and yes I bought ricky 6 pairs of cotton socks that he needed for work so I got it covered!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.