Saturday, October 4, 2008

Put one in the W column...

The Girls at the UCF game (my mom, me, my aunt)

Ricky & I before the SMU game

How cool is that shirt?

Ricky & I half way through

UCF WINS!!

UCF SENDS THE MUSTANGS BACK TO TEXAS
(31-17)

Three words/phrases to describe this game would be:
Hot, Hilarious Play, & Fair Catch?


Well, we finally won another game.. thank goodness. And just to add icing to the cake.. we scored in the 3rd quarter. Aside from the extremely bad calls by the refs, and the hilarious play that didn't even score any points, I must admit it was quite an interesting game. The worst call of them all was when the refs called a Fair Catch on Joe Burnett without him actually calling the fair catch. Last time I checked, you had to signal for a fair catch, but what do I know? Fortunately, we won, but we would not have been happy if that was the play that could have turned it around.

My mom and my aunt were able to join us at the game this week because one of Ricky's bosses wasn't going to use his season tickets. Fortunately, we were all able to sit relatively close because they didn't sell out all of the seats in our section. It was a good time had by all (even in the heat).

After the game, we had post tailgating. We grilled burgers and chicken, and we were joined by my cousin Henry and his girlfriend Lena. It was nice to see everyone again since it had been a while since I had seen Henry. We chatted for awhile and managed to stay up well past our bedtime. Needless to say, we slept in this morning, but it was worth the late night last night.

No comments: