Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The dreaded Immunization Form...

So now having been accepted to UCF for grad school, the next step of the process is to have my immunization form completed so that I can register for classes. All you have to do is write in the information of the basic immunization information (MMR, chicken pox, Hepatitis etc) and have the doctor's office sign off and stamp the form. I took my paperwork to the doctor that I typically go to here in Orlando with my info written on it, and was going to have them give me a tetnus booster. Unfortunately, after waiting 45 minutes, they told me I had to get my doctor to fax the copies of all of my records before they could sign or stamp the form.

Under normal circumstances, this wouldn't seem like such a big deal, but the problem I am having is that both of my doctors have retired. When I first went to college, my pediatrician filled out my form and it was turned into UCF. Since then, my pediatrician retired years ago and his office is now a dentist's office, and my other doctor (who I don't think I ever saw) retired recently and his practice has been taken over. So I was in a panic about what I was going to have to do to find these records.

So in a panic, I called my mom to see what I should do. And of course she gave me the best and most logical advice right off the bat. Call UCF. Now.. why didn't I think of that... oh that's right... I was panicking too much and running around like the world was coming to an end.

So needless to say, I called UCF and they still had my information on file and everything worked out in the end. It jut goes to prove that mothers have that level headed thinking needed to move through any situation when their daughters are overreacting and hyperventilating all at the same time.

No comments: