Sunday, October 12, 2008

Congratulations Ashley & Bryan!

On our way to the reception

Ashley & I.. she looked beautiful!

Patrick volunteering me to dance...

Part of the quilt... and a very cute idea

Ricky enjoying some cake

Yesterday, Ricky and I attended Ashley and Bryan wedding and I must say, it was a very enjoyable evening. For those of you who are unaware of this exciting and ironic situation, Bryan and Ashley are the ones who ended up doing the garter and bouquet at our wedding. Who says that tradition doesn't work. I told them that every time we show off our wedding album, we tell people that story.

They got married in a Presbyterian church in Lake Mary which was the perfect size. The decorations were gorgeous and everyone looked spectacular. The color scheme was also wonderful. All of the girls were wearing pink (like a rose pink) as well as the guys, but Ashley and Bryan were accented with sage green. The flowers were a combination of all of those colors and everything was beautiful.

Th reception was held downtown at the Regional History Center. Now I have been in Orlando for 8 years and I didn't know we had a History Center. But.. now that I know, I plan on attending an exhibit in the spring dealing with Jim Henson and his puppets. Now back to the wedding...It was a beautiful location and an interesting one at the same time. We had the cocktail hour in the lobby and then went up for dinner and dancing in a private room. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was wonderful. I was able to dance with Patrick and all of us were coerced into doing the chicken dance.

Now, many times, people will have you sign a matte for a framed picture for a keepsake. The idea that they had was to cut out quilting squares and have everyone write messages on them. Then they are actually going to be turned into a quilt. I just thought that was such a great idea. We of course designed one and I drew legos on it... I mean I couldn't help myself.

One of the things we didn't realize was that their first dance as a couple was at our wedding as well. They danced for the first time to "Unforgettable" so as a slight shout out to that event, it was their last dance at their wedding. I thought it was absolutely wonderful! The other funny thing that we found out was the fact that they still had the little lego house they built at our wedding in their bedroom. How amazingly cute!

Over all it was a beautiful wedding and a wonderful reception. I got to see some old friends that I have been missing and we got to share in Bryan and Ashley's special day. I wish them nothing but the best and I know they are looking forward to a lifetime of happy memories together.

No comments: