Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day #3: St. Petersburg


Smile!

What is it... What is it...

I think I know what this is....

I think he took smile to a whole new level..

So this means I have to cook now?

Day Three... the journey continues... Christmas Day. Aside from the sweltering weather that exists only in the confines of my grandmother's house, it was a typical Christmas morning. I woke up relatively early because I never tend to sleep very well in the heat. One of the things that I love about Christmas is the joke telling by my dad. As my mom and I were sitting on the couch, my dad makes the comment, "So I was hoping to wake up to the smell of cinnamon and delicious breakfast and yet there seems to be something lacking in the air." Giggling my mom says, "Mark, are you suggesting that I was going to make you something for breakfast?" Then the classic "I was hoping you were going to make cinnamon rolls" look appears. Classic..

Once everyone was up and around, we opened the first wave of gifts from the Heidt family. I finally got to open the flat gift that Ricky had purchased for me and to my surprise, it was the best gift ever... tickets to go see Robin Williams at the UCF Arena. I was extremely excited, especially since I didn't think we could afford them. It was great! Everyone's gifts were wonderful and if I had to make an assumption I would say that everyone was pleased with the thought put into all of the gifts. I know I did. 

After relaxing for the rest of the morning, my aunt and cousins came over to the house for dinner and then the second wave of presents.. this time from the Greenberg side. My aunt being the creative mind that she is devised an ingenious gift strategy that involved clues to correspond with the letters of our names. I think the most ingenious clue was for Ricky's letter "I".. on the little card she wrote "Fe" the symbol for Iron on the periodic table. His gift was of course the Iron Man DVD. I thought it was great. I actually saved all the cards for Ricky and I so that I can put them in my scrapbook. 

Overall, Christmas day was a great success and I know everyone enjoyed the time that we were able to spend together for the holidays. My mom and I of course went out shopping with my aunt the following day to get all the sales for after Christmas and I know that next year will be even better than this one as long as I have my friends and family around me. I love you all and I enjoyed every second of our 3 days of Christmas! 

No comments: