Sunday, December 14, 2008

Golf Channel Christmas Party '08

Ricky & I in front of the Christmas Tree at Bay Hill

The Library Crew and their family members

Ricky and I in front of our Christmas Tree before leaving for the party

The ice sculpture above the shrimp.. they didn't have one that said Golf Channel this year..

Very large shrimp.. I know its hard to tell..

It's that time again... time where Golf Channel employees gather together at Bay Hill to eat shrimp the size of your head, sample amazingly prepared food, and drink the night away. Last year I felt a little awkward because Ricky had just started at the Golf Channel and we really didn't know anyone. On top of that, the people Ricky did know, didn't show up. Last year we arrived early and stayed for a couple hours, but didn't stay for the entire night. But this year was different.

This year, even I knew people at the party who don't even work at the Golf Channel. How crazy is that? They just happen to be dating someone who did. It was wonderful to finally put a face to all of the names that I hear so frequently. Ricky mentioned that since I met so many I probably wouldn't remember any of their names, but I would be willing to bet that I would be able to identify most of them by name if asked. I think it helps that I met them all one at a time for the most part and could associate the name and face directly. 

The food was once again the star of the show. It was delicious... wonderful cuts of roast beef, sushi (No I didn't eat it, but you know Ricky did), other various food stations, but my absolute favorite was the station with the heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. It was delicious and they were able to serve it to me without the balsamic vinegar (since it usually doesn't sit right in my tummy). Ricky, of course, had to have the insanely large shrimp. They are literally the size of your hand. Granted, it is hard to tell from the picture of them since there is no point of reference, but my other picture didn't come out very well. 

We had a lovely evening, but as the hour drew past 11pm we had to head out. I felt so bad having Ricky leave the party (it was only scheduled till 11, but you know how these things work). I unfortunately had to work the following morning at 5am and since the party was a good distance from the house and I was driving home, I needed to head out. I know Ricky didn't mind, but I still felt bad.  

We had a wonderful time actually getting the chance to mingle a bit more this year and I actually got to finally meet some of the people he worked with in the library prior to moving to New Media. Now, when he tells me a story about something or someone, I have a face and a personality to go with the information and that always makes for good story time....

No comments: