Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SEC Championship Game

Ricky and I enjoying the SEC Championship Party

Daryl and Andrea... some of the other pictures they took had Daryl holding a Gator flag...

Carter and Cameron... I think Cameron was foreshadowing Daryl's face for the end of the game

Now as all of you know, Ricky and I both went to UCF and unfortunately our football team decided that 4-8 was an acceptable season record and that the season should end on the 29th of November. But a good group of our friends are actually Gator fans, and for them the season continues to be an exciting one. So this past weekend, Daryl and Andrea invited us over for a party to watch the Championship Game. This game was especially exciting for them because Andrea is a Gator fan and Daryl is a Bama fan. It was truly a house divided. This was also an exciting time for me because we got to meet the twins for the first time. There are so adorable! They were each dressed in one school or the other (Carter in Gator gear and Cameron in Bama gear). It wasn't until Andrea pointed it out that I realized that I actually made the choice as to which baby got to wear what. Before the twins were born, Ricky and I got Build-A-Bears made for the boys and had them personalized. One had a Gator shirt and one a Bama shirt. So Andrea matched the bears to the boys. It was so cute. 

I actually got to hold Cater for a good deal of time and aside from the couple of times he spit up, was all smiles and giggles. The spit up didnt bother me at all, but I think the smell got to Ricky a little. It was so much fun to play with the boys though. Not to mention being able to get together with Daryl and Andrea since we hadn't seen them in awhile. 

It was a great game, and for all of you Gator fans out there you know how it ended, but I was definitely excited about for Andrea (and Patrick) because I know how badly you wanted to win.. and as for Daryl... let's just say they didn't let him live down his smack talk. 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

GO GATORS!!! I am so glad you guys could make it over! And sorry about Mr. Carter's weak tummy. Poor Ricky wouldn't last a day in this house if the smell of spit up bothered him. Hell, I wear "eau de vomit" everyday!