Sunday, August 10, 2008

What goes down the hill...

This morning, Kenneth and I decided to go out and get a little exercise. Kenneth was riding one of the bikes and I was on rollerblades. Since we have fairly smooth roads around here with little traffic, it makes it easy for a shaky rollerblader such as myself, to move pretty well. We were going around the different parts of the neighborhood when Kenneth introduced me to this path that connects 2 parts of our area. I didn't realize it was there, but I decided to give it a try. This is where the problem occurred. As we were riding and skating along, I started to pick up speed. The only problem was that the path was coming to an end directly into a street. Knowing that I can not stop on rollerblades, I started to try and grab at the plastic fence to my side. As I was trying to stop I came to the end of the fence in America's Funniest Home Videos fashion, I landed Goofy style into the fence with my body on one side and my legs and arms on the other.

Fortunately, I was able to get right up and continue skating. I have a couple small bruises, but nothing overly bad. I didn't even get too scraped up. So after the fall, we continued around the neighborhood for awhile and then headed home. It was a nice little morning trip (no pun intended) and definitely does not qualify as the worst rollerblading fall I have ever had.

No comments: