Saturday, August 30, 2008

So It Begins....

Ricky & I from our seats in Section 118

Crappy Weather Prior, During, and After the game

Knightro!

Ricky & Robin during half time

UCF WINS SEASON OPENER AGAINST S.C. STATE:
17 - 0

If I had to pick 3 words to describe today's game, I would have to say:
WET, DEFENSE, & DISAPPOINTING

I know there are those of you that will say... "What do you mean disappointing? It was a shut out and UCF won." To this I say, "Yes we won, but the game was incredibly boring and didn't have that true UCF game feel." It kind of felt as though many people were just watching this game because they have to, but are really just waiting for next week for the game against USF. We didn't even score the spread they predicted (which was 27... we were 10 points off of that). Granted, the weather was not great. We got rained on multiple times, the field was so nasty that O'Leary didn't want the bands to perform at half time, and I am sure they were having trouble with the slippery conditions. Ricky's theory is that UCF is just playing the game as sparingly as possible so that we don't give away any of our good plays to USF. I want to believe that is true, but I must say that if we play the way we played tonight for next week's game, we might be in trouble. Our defense can only save us so much... we still need to score a few points. If nothing else, at least this game puts a 1 in the win column.

No comments: