Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay


Well, this is pretty much the sight from our house for the past 2 days. We get gusts of wind (stronger today than the past two days but still nothing to miserable) and we are getting rain in waves as well. To be honest, I think the weather sounds worse than it actually is because the wind is blowing. I would rank the weather at the same level that I would rank a heavier than normal afternoon storm. The only problem is... this one is lasting forever. Granted, Florida needs rain, but it doesn't do us any good if it floods for example in Brevard County. We have been fortunate that there isn't any flooding in our area, but the dreariness is a little draining.

Fortunately, I am headed to St. Pete this weekend for a huge scrapbooking day out at the Florida Fairgrounds. My mom and my aunt went last year, but unfortunately I missed it. So this year I made sure to put it on my calendar. I can't wait! It's going to be all the girls this time.. me, my mom, my aunt, and my cousin Sarah. I am very excited that Sarah will be there because I haven't seen her in awhile.

Well, I hope everyone dealing with this storm is staying safe and dry and our thoughts go out to those individuals in Brevard County.

No comments: