Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More Unemployment?

So apparently, President Bush recently passed a Pubic Law that is reinstating unemployment for certain individuals. This law.. the Emergency Unemployment Compensation.. states that if you have had unemployment after a certain date, you have exhausted your resources, and are still unemployed, you qualify to receive up to 13 additional weeks of unemployment pay. I didn't even know this law was in existence until I received a letter stating that I was eligible for this particular program. Unlike regular unemployment, this particular program is funded by the federal government. So I signed up for my compensation and will hopefully be receiving funds in the next couple of weeks. Although, until I actually start receiving the money, I am not going to hold my breath that it will actually be paid out... we shall see.

Besides.. to be honest, I would much rather get a teaching job than have to worry about unemployment any more.

No comments: