Sunday, August 3, 2008

Only how many steps?

Only 203 Steps to the Top!

Yesterday, a group of us wet to visit the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. There were 6 of us all together: Me, Ricky, my mom, my aunt, Tammy, and Ricky's mom. Although, I have seen the lighthouse several times in the past from the road or from the beach, I hadn't actually gone into the lighthouse or onto the grounds. Also we figured it was a nice little trip to take that was relatively close to home and not very expensive ($5.00 a person)

The group of us decided to climb up the lighthouse, but as I was considering this, I remembered back to the near heart attack I almost had climbing the 219 stairs at the St. Augustine Lighthouse when Ricky and I went for our anniversary. But, since I have been working out recently, I decided to give it a try, after all, this lighthouse only has 203 steps. So I climbed... and you know something, I actually made it with out too much trouble. Granted, after the trip down my knees felt like jello, but the view was gorgeous!

Me & my Aunt Carol (Nanu) at the top of the lighthouse

The view from the top

Ponce Inlet Lighthouse

The rest of the property was very nice too. After climbing the lighthouse, we walked around the museum looking at old artifacts including the original crystal light signals and actual Cuban rafts that had washed ashore at miscellaneous times throughout the lighthouse's history. It was a very nice little set up they had and it made for a very nice afternoon outing. As Tammy called it, a "Staycation" and I think that is a great description. We stayed close to home, but we were still able to see something interesting and new. I like it.

Ricky & I at the top of the lighthouse

No comments: