Friday, June 13, 2008

Sex and the City

Sex and the City: The Movie

So to the dismay of Ricky last night, we saw the Sex and the City movie. I know he wasn't too keen on seeing it, but he suffered through it for me.

Prior to seeing the film, all of the critiques that I had received went basically like this: "I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more... the then it was over and I loved it!" Well, I am here to tell you that those critiques were absolutely correct. I loved it. It was a great film and very entertaining. It was nice to see all of the girls reunite for this movie and do such a fabulous job.

Some people who have seen the movie claim that it was overly predictable. My comment to them is, "Did you think it wouldn't be?" You don't go into a film like that and expect suspense, terror, and a twist around every corner. I don't want to spoil the ending for those who haven't seen it yet, but I will say that if you watched the TV show (or even if you didn't) you will be able to figure out the ending pretty early in the movie. Ricky even figured it out rather quickly (as he usually does).

I recommend this film to those people who either watched the show, or people who just like a good chick flick. It cannot be described as anything but a chick flick, but it lived up to the hype and has been the best film I have seen so far this summer.

No comments: