Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chuck's Latest Book

Snuff: The Review

Recently I finished reading Chuck's (author of Fight Club) latest book Snuff. I must say I was pretty happy with the book overall. Its not a very long book, but tends to keep your attention fairly well. The chapters flip between different characters and discusses the story from their point of view. There are certain points where you feel like the story has become too predictable and then all of a sudden, the twist turns in the opposite direction. The ending for me seemed a bit abrupt, but considering the story it makes sense (and also proves to be slightly ironic). This story flowed a bit better for me than Haunted did as far as the overall storytelling, but when all is said and done I must admit my favorite is still Choke.

Also remember, his new movie Choke is coming at the end of the summer. Depending on who you believe, the release is either August 1st or September 26th. Either way it is coming soon. After seeing the trailer (on IMDB), I don't know how I feel about it at this point, but I think I just have high expectations because its my favorite of his books. We shall see.. and when the time comes I will let you know my thoughts.

http://chuckpalahniuk.net

No comments: