Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pixar, Pixar, and more PIXAR...

Jonas Rivera discussing the history of Pixar and how stories are developed

Jay Ward discussing the changes to the character design and character development for Cars 2

Jonas Rivera and Jay Ward

Jonas Rivera

Michael Giacchino discussing his methods for creating the music for films

Shawn Krause joins Jonas Rivera and Jay Ward on stage for a Q&A session at the end of the day

I think I may have gone into Pixar OD mode last weekend... and I loved every minute of it. Not only did we get to hear 4 of Pixar's own discuss different aspects of the company, but we also got to sit in the front row. It was such an amazing opportunity to actually hear the animators, musicians, producers, and the Cars Franchise Guardian discuss what its like to work for such a wonderful company and why they chose their path. They even asked Ricky's question to Michael Giacchino, which was extremely cool. (...and yes he is slated to do the music for the next Star Trek Movie)

It was such a great day and Ricky and I got to spend it together. I only wish my students could have heard them talk and to be able to hear the things I tell them from the actual source.

I certainly hope this event comes around again in the future.

No comments: