Saturday, May 7, 2011

Now we wait... until July...


AP Portfolios have been officially submitted and are out of my hands and left to the powers that be. Can I just explain how much pressure has been lifted off my shoulders... if you need a visual its as if Oliver has jumped off my shoulders after pretending to be a parrot... its that awesome....

Now I know what you may be thinking... why do AP if its so much pressure and stress? Here's the thing, I love love love my AP students to death, the timeline can just be a bit of a crunch. Unlike other subjects, my students are working on their "exam" all year. Every piece of work is part of what they will be graded on and it can get frustrating for everyone involved. Fortunately, I am blessed with students who worked their butts off this year and managed to put together some good portfolios.

Now the waiting begins. I am hoping that I can find out my scores while I am at the AP Summer Institute in July, but it all depends on when the scores are ready. I have made my predictions, but I am not going to share because I do not want to jinx it. However, I will say that based on my predictions my pass rate could be anywhere from 40% to 100% depending on the year. Here's hoping for good things and a positive report in July.

No comments: