Thursday, March 5, 2009

Please let Saturday be nice!

Sometimes all of the signs just fall into the right place at the right time to tell you that things just aren't meant to be for that particular week. For example, tonight Ricky will be attending the Flogging Molly concert without me because I have to give a presentation in class. Being the good student that I am, I decided that it would not look very good if I were to miss the one class that happens to be before spring break and that happens to be the day I am supposed to be giving my second article presentation. So Ricky and his friend Drew will be listening to the sounds of the season at the House of Blues tonight. I know they will have a good time, but I wish i was the one that was going with Ricky instead of Drew. Fortunately, Flogging Molly is supposed to be part of the Warped Tour this summer, so we shall try again.

Then, yesterday I found out that Robin Williams cancelled about 4 shows because he is sick. Granted, when i see Robin Williams I want him to be at his best, but now that they are rescheduling him, we are worried that they are going to pick the week that we are going to be in DC. I pray that doesn't happen. I would really like to see him.

Now, Ricky and I are planning on going to Mardi Gras on Saturday night to see Barenaked Ladies. According to the weather it is supposed to be a nice day combined with a nice evening. No rain is in the forecast. Let us hope that everything else goes according to plan. In a week where 3 different events were on my agenda, I would like to go to at least one of them. 

By the way... if anyone else is interested, we are going to see MC Hammer on April 4th. If for no other reason than morbid curiosity, everyone should come. 

No comments: