Saturday, February 14, 2009

The lovers, the dreamers, and ME!

Gobo Fraggle

Jim Henson loves us

Why are there so many, songs about rainbows...

Rubber Duckie, you're the one...

Outside the History Center

Ricky and I after dinner at Texas de Brazil

Today was quite possibly the best Valentine's Day yet. I had the whole day off and Ricky and I decided to turn our dinner into an entire day of fun. The first thing we did was try the Mellow Mushroom pizza place for the first time. We had driven by the one in Winter Park several times before, but we never managed to make it in. Recently, they decided to build one near UCF on East Colonial. They had quite a tasty pizza and lived up to the hype that we have been hearing.

After lunch we headed to the History Center to see the Jim Henson exhibit. We had planned on going to see it at some point while it was here, but as Ricky was looking up the information, he discovered that today was free admission into all the exhibits (and they validated our parking). So today was in fact the perfect day. I didn't realize that you weren't supposed to take pictures so I managed to get a few from the exhibit before I got yelled at. Oops. At least I got pictures of the two things specifically that we wanted to see. After walking through the Henson exhibit, we actually walked through the rest of the History Center. It is a great place to spend a few hours just looking around. They are having a photography exhibit in the fall that I think we are going to go to as well. 

After the History Center, we still had some time to kill before dinner, so I changed into my dress for dinner and we walked around the Outlets for awhile. They are so much nicer now that they have been rebuilt. We went into a few stores and looked around, but the best stop was in the Victoria's Secret Outlet. Let's just say that I saved over $150 on the things that I purchased. Ricky was actually encouraging me to buy more things because he felt I was getting such a good deal. It was great. Nothing like shopping at Victoria's Secret on Valentine's Day. 

So for dinner, Ricky and I decided we wanted to try Texas de Brazil. Ricky had a need to be served meat off of swords, so we made reservations and all I have to say is that it was worth every cent we paid for it. The service as wonderful, the food was absolutely delicious, and they gave me a long stemmed red rose for Valentine's Day. We had salad first (which included fresh mozzarella), then the meat selection just kept coming. You have these little cards that are red and green. If you flip the green side up the meat gauchos are constantly stopping by with all sort of different kinds of meat (filet mignon, lamb, sirloin, chicken, things wrapped in bacon... they just kept coming and coming). To finish the evening, we shared a piece of carrot cake that just made the meal perfect. 

We definitely had a fantastic day and between the meat on a stick, sales at the outlets, kermit the frog, and just being able to spend the entire day out and about, it made the weekend well worth it. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: