Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BK's Kids @ Ronald McDonald House

BK's Kid volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House

Last Friday (Friday 13th), Ricky and I were invited to help volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House out near Winnie Palmer (The hospital is so much bigger than it looks from the interstate and is gorgeous by the way). One of Ricky's business associates organizes a trip there every other month or so to serve dinner to the residents. We went with a group of Ricky's coworkers and served pizza and salads and just in case they were short on chocolate, we brought enough chocolate to send everyone in the house into a diabetic coma.  It was a lot of fun and it was nice to be able to volunteer there again since I used to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House in St. Pete when I was in high school. It is a great organization and I must admit, serving dinner is much more enjoyable than the old job I had of cleaning lawn furniture. 

No comments: