Saturday, November 29, 2008

UAB??? Really... At Least I Got to Put Up My Christmas Tree...

Our Christmas Tree

This little girl was sitting in front of us... her face looking at the score board says it all

Yea... that's the empty student section.. depressing.. they get in for free

Ricky & I prior to the game starting... little did we know...

Well that's it... the end of the UCF season started the way it began: an incredibly boring game to a team we should have stomped all over and yet we managed to act as though first downs were against the rules of football. Today UCF played UAB to a crowd of "some." The students who get in for free didn't even want to show up. How depressing is that? This season has just been a disappointment in general. The only positive thing about this season is that Ricky and I have been able to spend it together and comfort each other in our misery. What's that old saying... Misery Loves Company.. in UCF's case misery loves the company of over 45,000 students and heaven only knows how many alumni. We all suffer together...Yay! I think the funniest part though is when Ricky made the comment today that, "There's always next season." Coming from a Cubs fan (Cubs are going on year 101 since they have won a World Series) that wasn't very encouraging.. funny yes, encouraging.. no. 

After the defeat and disgrace, we decided to drown our sorrows at our favorite Orlando area cheesesteak shop, Briantos. We met up with another one of our friends and discussed the nonsense of the game over delicious subs. After dinner, I was ready to put up our tree.

This year I had more casualties than I usually do with my ornaments. Unfortunately, since we have ceramic tile in the house, every time I dropped an ornament, pieces would break off. I had 4 dismemberments today, but with a little super glue all is well again. The tree actually came out very well. It only took me 5 hours or so to get it all up. Granted, many of you are thinking.. "Five hours, what were you doing for all that time, it takes us 45 minutes." I can't remember the last time it only took me 45 minutes to put up a tree. I have so many ornaments (each with their own boxes) that I have to remove them for their packaging, add hooks and then decide where I want to put the ornaments in relation to where I can see them. Tedious, yes. Time consuming, yes. But thoroughly relaxing. Besides, I will get to enjoy the fruits of my labors for the next month plus some, so I think it is definitely worth my while. 

All in all it has been a great weekend so far. I had a great birthday/Thanksgiving (more pictures of that to follow), I survived Black Friday, UCF finished off their losing season with a lost to UAB, and after work tomorrow we are heading over to the car show at the convention center. I must admit, I am glad I have Monday off. 

No comments: