Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Shopping = Exhausted

First of all, I must say I am loving this weather. Its so nice to know that we don't have to turn on our air conditioner. I think the average temperature in the house has been 69 degrees. The highest it got yesterday was 71. I love it. 

I went Christmas shopping yesterday and let me tell you it was exhausting. Last year, I did a good portion of our shopping online since I could find everything I was looking for in one place. This year I wanted to save a few bucks by getting things in the stores to save on shipping. I knew that everything I was looking for was available online, but I figured a day shopping would be good for me. So I made a list of the places I wanted to go and headed out. For the most part, I found everything I was looking for and managed to find some really good deals on a few things that I didn't even realize I wanted to get. Unfortunately, there were a few key items I couldn't find in stores, so I ended up ordering them when I got home. 

So from this point, I can honestly say I am almost done shopping. I am waiting on a few key items because I need to use my discount at Best Buy to get them. Under normal circumstances, some items aren't worth waiting for the discount because we really don't get too much off the price, but for the few gifts for Ricky, the discount is considerable. I actually spent some time today getting numbers and prices for  few things when I went to Best Buy to get WallE. But, I really don't have to wait too long for the conclusion of my shopping though because the discount should kick in next Monday. Once that kicks in, I'm going on a Christmas shopping spree (mainly for Ricky).  All in all, it has been a fairly painless shopping experience this year. Now we just need to work on making Thanksgiving a great family get together and maybe celebrate a birthday or two.. =).

No comments: