Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Business Trip to Portland

Yesterday we found out that Ricky gets to go on a business trip. Since Ricky has been promoted and moved into a different position, he will no longer be taking customer service calls. I cannot even begin to describe how happy he is about that. Since he is done with answering phones, they are relocating all of the customer support calls to Portland, OR. The problem is that no one knows how to properly use the phone system, so Ricky is going to head up there to train the them.

Ricky is excited because he loves to travel and has never been to the actual west coast. The closest he has gotten was Vegas when we went for the Star Trek Convention last year. The down side is the fact that he is going alone. When I told him that he was probably excited because he loves to travel, his response was, "Yes, but I love to travel with you." He wont be gone for too long though. He is leaving on Sunday in the afternoon and will be back on Wednesday night late. Apparently, when they were booking his flight, he made sure to tell them that he had to be home on Wednesday, not because of the fact that Thanksgiving was on Thursday, but because it was my birthday (Yay!). So assuming all goes well, he will be coming in at around 11PM on Wednesday night.

I am excited for him because I know how much he loves to travel and how much he loves to fly, but I will miss him while he is gone. I suppose I am just getting a taste of what it was like when I had to travel so much with Premiere Trade. Especially since this trip is about the same length of time that I used to be gone. But if it means that Ricky is going to be happier because he doesn't have to do customer support anymore, I am all for it. Besides, its not like he is going to Seattle.

No comments: