Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crazy Weekend!

This has definitely been a full weekend. Yesterday Me, Ricky, and our friends Gary and Barb joined forces to have a yard sale. We had a few things we were trying to get rid of and to be honest we can always use a few extra bucks. So we took all of our stuff over to to their house in Waterford Friday night and went over there early on Saturday morning. We were set up from about 7AM to about 3:30PM. We had a good flow of traffic for most of the day. As with most retail type environments, we had busy times were we couldn't seem to get the money from people fast enough and then slow times where there wasn't anyone shopping. At the end of the day, Ricky and I actually made over $100, and with only selling small stuff, that's not too shabby. Granted, we didn't get the amounts that they get on Clean House, but at the same time we didn't have any big ticket items. We are planning a larger garage sale next year with some big ticket items so we shall have to see. To top off the afternoon, UCF ended up beating Memphis 28 to 21. Now we are in a 4 way tie for 2nd. Woo Hoo!

Today was another crazy day. I had to work from 6Am to 1PM. Unfortunately, because I had to work until 1PM, I wasn't able to drive Ricky to the airport today for his first Golf Channel business trip. I am still bummed about that, but there really wasn't anything I could do about it. But as of right now, Ricky should be in the air to Portland. He arrived successfully in Atlanta and I am just waiting on the text message saying that he arrived safely. Just to finish off the day, I have been fighting a migraine all day. Fun times!

So all in all it has been a crazy weekend, but I am looking forward to the rest of the week and my birthday.. Yay! 

No comments: