Friday, July 17, 2009

The Two Most Recent Additions...

Yam Solo

Luke Frywalker

So today I met Ricky for lunch at Friday's Front Row since Golf Channel employees are currently enjoying 50% their meal through the end of July. It was nice to be able to go out for a meal and only spend $12.00. I am okay with that. 

After I went to lunch with Ricky, I decided to stop at the outlets. I figured I was already out that way, I might as well walk around and see if anything caught my attention. One of the places I always check is the Disney store. It is one of the best places to find cheap Disney pins and I have managed to find several Finding Nemo items there in the past. So I decided it was time for another trip. As I walked in, I saw them.... the Star Tours Mr. Potato Heads. Since I have started collecting the themed ones, I had been waiting on getting these guys for awhile now. Normally in Downtown Disney and The Studios they were retailing at $12 a piece. Under normal circumstances, that price really wasn't that bad, but I just couldn't bring myself to break down and pay that much. 

BUT today I hit the Potato Head jackpot. Each one was marked $3.99. What? That is fantastic! Of course I had to bring them up. They did have the Princess Lea one too but the boxes were kind of beat up. So I walked around the rest of the store in a happy daze because I had found such a great deal. As I got ready to check out, I noticed that all the Yam Solo ones were gone off the shelf. In the course of about 5 minutes they were sold out of Yam Solo. Could this day get any better... why of course it can.... Once the cashier rang out my merchandise, they both rang out for $2.99  piece! Two more dollars off! So for half of the price of 1, I got 2! I was so excited!

Now all i have to do is find R2Potatoo and I will be good to go!

No comments: