Saturday, July 25, 2009

Busch Gardens... Finally... its been a while

It was so hot outside.. but the train ride was nice

Beautiful birds, even if they weren't cooperating

A little blurry, but with a long zoom and a moving sky ride, it made picture taking tough

Not bad pictures considering we took them from the sky ride

Considering the fact that you have to take the pictures through glass with sharp glare, they came out fairly well

So yesterday Ricky and I made a trip to Busch Gardens for the first time in quite awhile. We started the with a trip to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. It was delicious and not diet friendly at all. It was wonderful.

When we got to Busch Gardens, the parking lot was not that crowded at all. We got a parking spot right up in the front about 10 spaces away from the tram station and to top it off, it was under a tree. Perfect shaded spot. As far as the park goes, I must say I have never seen it so crowded. The lines were 60 minutes deep and I think there were more tour groups from South America there than there were in the city of Orlando for the day. It was crazy. We spent more time swerving around groups than I can even calculate, but I must say, the animals were cooperating quite nicely. Considering how incredibly hot it was, they were active and at some points, playful.

We had specific things that we wanted to do while we were in the park, one of which was to ride Sheikra now that the floor has been removed. We waited in a 40 minute line and I of course freaked myself out by the time we got to the top. I have no idea why that ride freaks me out but it does. As it turns out, the ride didn't feel any different without the floor. Your feet were never really on the floor to begin with, so not having it there really didn't change the feel.

We also rode on Montu, Gwazi, the sky ride and of course, the train. We didn't stay for too long, but at least we were able to get on all of the rides that we have been missing for awhile. We were also able walk through Jungala for the first time. The tigers were quite active and I was able to get some decent pictures.

The other really cool thing about Busch Gardens is the fact that they reinstalled those wax or plastic souvenir machines. They were very popular when I was younger. Basically they are those machines that you put a few bucks in and a mold presses together to make an animal shape. The come out with excess plastic around the outside that you spent the rest of the day shaving off with your nails. I didn't get one on this trip, but I scoped out the locations and which ones I liked the best. I might have to get one next time.

We also found out when our passes expire. we have until February to use them. We figured that if the price is still reasonable, we will just renew our passes since we go to Seaworld quite frequently.


No comments: