Thursday, July 9, 2009

The ACA Blog Decision.. Moving on...

So I know I have been a slacker lately in terms of updating the blog. I think the problem I have been having is the fact that I have been trying to write about the experience I had at the ACA and every time I start to write I just cannot do it. I either get bored or annoyed and just give up. So.. I have decided that since it has given me such problems, I am going to skip over that lovely experience and move on to better things. I think this is best for all of us. If you would like to hear the story by all means let me know and I will explain, but it is becoming a detriment to my blog.

As an update though, I did receive my grades for Summer Session A. Unfortunately, the ACA class is continuing to be a reminder in the back of my brain because I received an A-. A-? Who was the genius who decided that a letter grade should have more than one value? Here's the thing, I know some people would argue that by doing the +/- system, the students who are achieving slightly higher than others will have a grade to reflect that. BUT here is my problem. Because the system does not allow the students who are achieving at the highest level to receive an A+ there is no way to counter balance an A-. With every other letter grade you have a + and a -, but not with the A. On top of that, if you have earned an A why is your A any less important than the A that your neighbor received? I know there are those of you out there saying, well why are you complaining, you still got an A? I will tell you why. I am a perfectionist and my GPA has been destroyed with no chance of revival. Now I know that reason does not necessarily make my case any better, but you also have to remember that this is coming from the person who cried when she found out she was getting a B for the first 6 weeks of sophomore English in high school. On a final note I did get an A in my Multiculturalism class.

This semester I am taking a course in Creativity and loving every minute of it. I wish that this class was a full semester long. I can only imagine the wealth of information I would be able to find. One of the projects I was required to do was to write a theory of creativity that was preposterous and totally unbelievable. How great is that? What other course can you engage in such great activities on purpose? I have posted it above so you can bask in the creative glow of this work. (Although, I must give credit where credit is due.. this project was a Heidt/Currey collaboration.. which I must say are usually the best)

So again to reiterate, if you would like to hear the story of the ACA let me know and I will actually tell you the story, because I have decided that if I were to post it here, I may never blog again.

No comments: