Friday, June 10, 2011

Ruth 2 - Nemo Closet 0


Today I managed to get all of the holes filled in the Nemo closet. They fought a good battle, but in the end, I came out on top yet again.

I purchased the drydex Spackle that is pink when you first open the container. As it dries, the Spackle turned white letting you know when it is ready to be painted and/or sanded. Its smells terrible, but its nice not having to touch the Spackle to see if its completely dry. Although I must say, its a little strange as it dries because it looks like the wall has a rash. Part of it is pink and the other is white. Its even worse when you have a wall color that is close to a skin tone... then its just plain creepy.


After I spackled the closet, I managed to get a few base coats done today. I bet you can't tell what they are.... well actually if you can't then you really need to see Finding Nemo again. I am waiting for the base coats to dry before I go in to do the detail work, but I have been trying to get all of the base coats on the walls first so that I can work on whichever character I want to work on. I know I have made myself a schedule and I plan on sticking to it as much as possible, but realistically I may not want to work on the exact character I listed a month ago. So I figure that as long as I do a character that is equal in size or larger, I will still be on track. These guys are actually going to be one of the quickest, hence the reason there are three of them.

I am so excited that I'm really going to be able to focus my attention on the Nemo room now that the school year is over. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but I have been wanting to do this room for a very long time and its finally starting to come together. What a great summer this is going to be!

No comments: