Saturday, January 31, 2009

Minus 4 wisdom teeth

As many of you know, I went and had all four of my wisdom teeth out yesterday. Naturally, I was nervous and was anticipating a very long morning of pain and discomfort. My appointment as for 7am and I was originally told that it was going to take about 90 minutes to do a deep cleaning and then the extraction. So my mom came over from St. Pete and drove me to Port Orange. When we got there, I got to go right back. No waiting.. no time to be nervous. The shot me up with novocane and I was feeling fine. The did the deep cleaning, polished my teeth and then moved onto the extractions. They didn't even need to give me the gas.

All I have to say is that it must have been a new record. With all of the things they accomplished, I was in and out in 29 minutes! No joke. It was amazing. I was told that they wished all patients were like me. No fuss, no muss. They also warned me that red headed freckle faced kids typically puff up like balloons (or chipmunks), but I didn't puff up at all. No swelling, so no mess, just a little bit of pain. To be honest, the swelling and whatnot was not the problem at all, nor was the pain in my jaw. The biggest problem was the fact that the combination of painkillers and antibiotics are kicking my butt. They not only make me drowsy but to some extent they make me dizzy and nauseated. SO I have been spending the last 2 days relaxing on the couch eating a combination of mashed potatoes, apple sauce, ice cream and oatmeal. Yay for mushy food. 

Overall, I feel fairly good. I went to Joann Fabrics this morning and I don't know that it was such a good idea. It was a little warm in the store and that just made it worse. Now I am attempting to gum down potato salad that my made last night. I figure this little amount will take me about an hour to eat. Wish me luck.

No comments: