Sunday, September 25, 2011

Three Weeks and Counting...

With the Nemo unveiling approaching, there is still so much to get done.

I have decided that it was time to get the whole house under control so I have started a mission to see if I can deep clean the whole house in preparation for the party. Over the course of the past two days I have managed to get a great deal accomplished... however, I have not been able to cross too many things off my list. Due to my self-diagnosed ADD I tend to work on multiple projects at once. So although I have managed to get a good number of things started, very few things have been finished.

However, I am not giving up. I have always said that you have to make a mess before it is truly clean and I am sticking to that. Once I cross something off the list, it will not only be completed, it will be done right. For example, I have "do laundry" on my list. I have managed to do several loads of laundry and have managed to fold it all, but until all of the laundry is done, I cannot cross it off the list.

The other advantage to taking my time with this deep clean is the fact that I can go through our stuff in preparation for the potential garage sale. Our neighborhood has two big garage sales a year. Unfortunately, they decided to have it the same weekend as the Nemo unveiling. So... depending on game time (which they still haven't set yet) we might be able to participate in the garage sale and maybe make a few bucks in the process... which is always nice.

The overall goal of everything is to be able to relax and enjoy the Nemo party in a few weeks without having to worry about the house being clean or ready. I am hoping for a relaxing day before hand prepping for the garage sale and making sure the party amazing.. and I am hoping I can cross a few more things off my list before the end of the day.

No comments: